- This event has passed.
Cape Ann Artisans 2021 Summer Mini Tour
August 14, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
A select group of Cape Ann Artisans will participate in a special summer Mini-Tour and open their studios to the public for one day, Saturday, August 14. All but one studio (see list below) will open from 9 am – 4 pm. The tour is self-guided, free and open to the public, and includes nine unique locations around Gloucester and Rockport. The Mini-Tour breaks down into various genres with distinct styles for each artisan – three studios that focus on a wide array of ceramic arts, three distinct jewelry artists, two painters – covering oils and mixed media, and one mosaic artist. You can pre-meet the artists by watching their one-minute cameo videos that can be found on the Cape Ann Artisans website. The tour coincides with Massachusetts Tax Free Weekend. Any retail items up to $2,500 that are bought in Massachusetts for personal use qualify for exemption.
This special mini-tour is easy to follow from Grant Circle at the end of 128: one can head the back way around Cape Ann through Riverdale and Lanesville to Rockport and then hop off to East Gloucester, lunch downtown, and a visit to two downtown studios across the way from each other – Beth Williams and Chloe Leigh. Another great route would be to get an early start, beat the heat, have breakfast in downtown Gloucester and start your tour there. Either way, visitors will get to enjoy the best of Cape Ann.
Visitors are encouraged to pick up a Cape Ann Chamber Map to assist in their visit to the studios which are marked with a magenta flag on the map of Cape Ann and the inset. The Artisans are listed in an order that follows the geography and neighborhoods of Gloucester and Rockport.
- Jacqueline Ganim DeFalco – Sea Glass Jeweler (Riverdale, Gloucester)
- Deb Gonet – Painting – Mixed Media (Lanesville, Gloucester)
- *David Archibald – Ceramic Arts – Porcelain & Stoneware (Plum Cove, Gloucester) Special hours 10 AM-5 PM.
- Cynthia Curtis – Ceramic Arts – Stoneware (Pigeon Cove, Rockport)
- Pam Stratton – Mosaics and Mixed Media (Downtown, Rockport)
- Twin Lights Studio| Scott Place and Erin O’Sullivan – Ceramic Arts (Rte 127A, Rockport)
- Sallie Strand – Painting- Abstract Oil Paintings (Rocky Neck, E. Gloucester)
- Chloe Leigh – Fine Jeweler (Downtown, Gloucester)
- Beth Williams – Contemporary Handmade Glass Beads & Jewelry (Downtown, Gloucester)
2021 Brochures are available at all the major tourism outlets including the Cape Ann Chamber and North of Boston CVB locations. An electronic map of the Mini-Tour is also downloadable from Cape Ann Artisans. Covid safety will be voluntary by visitors and artists will comply with practices on an individual basis.
What: The 2021 Summer Mini-Tour
Cost: Free and Open to the Public
Where: Gloucester and Rockport, MA.
When: Saturday, August 14th 9 am -4 pm except Plum Cove Studio/David Archibald will open 10-5.